none
Teredo can't ping another Teredo (whether on same link or across site)

Question

• I have Teredo setup on several computers that are either located on a common link or spread across sites.  From these clients I can ping real IPv6 addresses on the Internet but I cannot ping any of my other Teredo clients - even the ones on the same link.

What's intersting is that if I put a sniffer on any of the targets I can see the bubble packets making it to the machine and (in the case of cross-site pings) if I look in the NAT engine I can see the translations are built correctly and again the bubble packets are making it just no data. I'm using teredo.ipv6.microsoft.com for the teredo server but I don't know if this makes any differnece.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:07 AM

All replies

• Can you ping the machines using link-local or IPv4? Just to rule out that this is a Teredo-specific issue...
    Thursday, March 08, 2012 6:46 AM
  • Please post output from 2 hosts:

netsh interface ipv6 show address teredo

MCTS - Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. http://mariusene.wordpress.com/

Friday, March 09, 2012 1:38 PM