none
Windows Update error 80073712

Question

• Hello MS,

I have an issue with Windows Update Error Code: 80073712 a few of Windows Server 2008 R2 boxes in our company.

I tried to fix the issue with the following methods I found from websites, but it still doesn't work.

1) System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Edition (KB947821) [August 2011]
    2) MicrosoftFixit.wu.Run (1).exe
    3) sfc /scannow
    4) reg delete HKLM\COMPONEMNTS /v StoreDirty (but I could not find this reg file to delete)
    5) remove c:\Windows\WinSxs\pending.xml file
    6) empty up C:\Windows\Software Distribution and C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 folders
    7) remove .Net Framework 4 with Clean up tool.

Would you please help me  what I can try to fix this issue?

If you need any log files, please let me know which one to post.

Thanks,

Kris.
    Thursday, February 09, 2012 5:10 PM

Answers

• Windows update logs on the servers could help to resolve this kind of issue then?

It's completely not a WSUS issue. Given you have tried all your ways, it is really hard to troubleshoot from your current status. My suggestion is to ask the Shavlik for the possible issues to see whether there are other contributors to help you.

Hope it works.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, February 13, 2012 6:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What has been changed since this first happened?Any new updates or software are newly-installed?If yes, uninstall them.            

If persists,you'd better ask in the Setup deployment forum. We are focusing more on the WSUS operation and deployment.

Thank you for supporting and understanding.

Clarence

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, February 10, 2012 7:47 AM
  • Thanks for replying.

We actaully use Shavlik to push any available Updates, but this time I tried to update manually using typical Windows Updates method on each server. Pushing Windows Update via Shavlik was also failed.

no newerly installed software on the servers.

Windows update logs on the servers could help to resolve this kind of issue then?

• Edited by Kris Hong Friday, February 10, 2012 1:51 PM
    Friday, February 10, 2012 1:25 PM
  • Windows update logs on the servers could help to resolve this kind of issue then?

It's completely not a WSUS issue. Given you have tried all your ways, it is really hard to troubleshoot from your current status. My suggestion is to ask the Shavlik for the possible issues to see whether there are other contributors to help you.

Hope it works.

Monday, February 13, 2012 6:13 AM