none
IIS6 Authentication Between Trusted Domains

Question

• I have a quick question relating to IIS authentication and Windows 2003 trusts. Here is my scenario (I hope I explain it correctly).

I have 3 domains (Domain A, Domain B, Domain C).
    Domain A contains all the users for the organisation. Domain B is purely a machine domain which contains a virtual desktop environment where members of domain A can log onto Domain A using a virtual desktop located in Domain B. Domain C (which I am responsible for) contains Windows 2003 servers only as well and hosts IIS 6.0 servers for domain A.

Domain A has a one-way incoming external trust with Domain C (domain C is one-way outgoing).
    Domain A also has a trust relationship with Domain B (type is unknown).
    Domain B has a one-way incoming forest trust with Domain C (domain C is one-way outgoing).

The IIS server within Domain C has 'Anonymous Access' disabled and 'Integrated Authentication' selected.

Now, if a user from Domain A logging onto a workstation in Domain A visits the IIS server in Domain C the user is able to view the content that the IIS server is hosting. However, if a user from Domain A logging into a virtual desktop through Domain B tries to visit the IIS server in Domain C the user is challenged with logon credentials to view the content the IIS server is hosting. If the Domain A user enters the credentials (eg. DomainA\username & password) the user is able to view the content.

Getting this credentials popup not to appear is what I am trying to solve.

Any help with this would be most appreciated.

Kind Regards and thanks in advance.

Friday, January 04, 2013 1:10 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Your question involves IIS, hence we’d recommend that you ask in IIS forum
    http://forums.iis.net/

Regards,

Zhang     

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscriptionuser and have any feedback, please send your feedback here.

Monday, January 07, 2013 8:10 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest you ask this question in the IIS Forum for further discussion.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Note: We cannot move a thread to another Microsoft forum that's not in the TechNet Forum System such as ASP.net, IIS.net and Answers.Microsoft.com etc… So we can only provide links to those forums.

Hope your issue resolved soon.

Best Regards,

Mohammed Imtiyaz Ali

Monday, January 07, 2013 11:13 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Your question involves IIS, hence we’d recommend that you ask in IIS forum
    http://forums.iis.net/

Regards,

Zhang     

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscriptionuser and have any feedback, please send your feedback here.

Monday, January 07, 2013 8:10 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest you ask this question in the IIS Forum for further discussion.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Note: We cannot move a thread to another Microsoft forum that's not in the TechNet Forum System such as ASP.net, IIS.net and Answers.Microsoft.com etc… So we can only provide links to those forums.

Hope your issue resolved soon.

Best Regards,

Mohammed Imtiyaz Ali

Monday, January 07, 2013 11:13 AM