RDP 7.1

General discussion

• Hi There,

This may be a very stupid question but how do you create an RDP 7.1 connection with Server 2008 r2 SP1 Enterprise?  Ive created an version RDP 7.1 connection but the clients default to 6.1 (or 7.0 in reality, its quite badly labelled).  In fact if I disable the 6.1 connection, clients cant connect at all.  There doesnt appear to be any documentation on this that I can find. 

Monday, July 19, 2010 9:39 PM

All replies

• Monkheh, I'm right there with you. I'm trying to test Remote FX from Vista Client machines. But I have no RDP 7.1. Brianmadden.com spoke of a Beta of RDP 7.1, but i can't seem to locate it.

Of course, we can test from a FAT Windows 7 client; but lets face it, most clients are still Vista and XP.

ps. what I DO wonder though, is if you use a TSWeb connection, is the Active X RDP 7.1 client sent/used/streamed to the client and used, instead of the Clients local vesion (whatever that may be)?

Topstep1

Thursday, July 22, 2010 11:19 AM
  • I think the Windows 7 client is RDP 7.1 capable Topstep1 (from checking the help/about) but you still cant create a 7.1 RDP listener on the server. 

Any chance of getting a reply on this guys?  We are evaluating a VDI environment for work and lets just say Citrix and VMware are a fair distance ahead right now.

Monday, July 26, 2010 11:20 AM
  • RDP 7.1 is currently ONLY in windows 7.1 SP1 BETA, on Enteprise,and ultimate as far as I know (well its also in server2008R2 SP1).

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 8:07 PM
  •   There is an RDP 7.1 client for Win7 or Vista SP2 available on Connect.

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=29672

Bill
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 11:06 PM
  • You are a MVP who is in the private Betatest, others can't see it.
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 12:35 PM
  • There are currently no plans for official release of RDP 7.1 on downlevel OS. But if the plans change in future, it would be notified via the RDP / RemoteFX blogs.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:16 PM