none
very slow connection to VM from Hyper-V manager on Windows 8

Question

• windows 8;   Client Hyper-V enabled;   added Hyper-V host (server 2012)

Take a long time to connect to VM.

Another bad symptom: when open HV Manager, local host appears immediately but added previously Host appears after delay.

Didn't see this problem on W7. Firewall is disabled. Have Trend Micro AV installed. But the problem appeared before AV install. And theoretically should be no conflict between Windows Defender and installed AV.

Any idea? 

Thanks,

Michael.

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Friday, May 31, 2013 1:37 PM

All replies

• Define "long time".  What do you mean by "connect to VM"?  RDC?  VMconnect?

"Didn't see problem in W7" - not surprising, as W7 did not have Hyper-V as an option, so there would never be a local host to appear.

Are all machines in a domain?  Are all testing machines on the same subnet?

"added previously Host appears after delay" - how long is the delay?  I see this happen regularly in my environment, but it is a short delay that doesn't concern me.

.:|:.:|:. tim

Friday, May 31, 2013 7:08 PM
  • > Define "long time".                                ---          2 minutes + would be enough :)

>  What do you mean by "connect to VM"?  ---         We are talking about Hyper-V Manager by "Connect to VM" I mean Connect to VM. Right click on VM and you will see Connect in the menu

> "Didn't see problem in W7" - not surprising, as W7 did not have Hyper-V as an option, so there would never be a local host to appear  ---  when I mention W7 it was related only to remote HOST that you can add to Hyper-V manager included in RSAT. And I told that in W7 a HV host was instantly appear and VMs were accessible (by using connect or just double click) without any delay.

> Are all machines in a domain?  Are all testing machines on the same subnet? ---   Domain: Yes        Subnet: some on Vitual Lan so not in the same subnet as the HOST (but it was before running Hyper-V manager on W8).

Even when right click on a VM and click settings the same effect is there. More than 2 minutes to load the settings window. See a pic...

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Monday, June 03, 2013 12:26 PM
  • Same problem here pob579. Did you find any solution for this problem? Thanks in advance!

MCSA 2000/2003 | MCSE 2000/2003/2008

• Edited by Caio Bauab Friday, April 04, 2014 7:14 PM
    Friday, April 04, 2014 7:04 PM