none
Base filtering engine - Access is denied

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Please follow the article below to repair the Base filtering engine.

Repair ‘Base Filtering Engine (BFE) Service’

http://allpctips.jigsy.com/entries/general/repair-base-filtering-engine-bfe-service

In addition, since many services are not starting properly.

I recommend you to check the logs and find out the errors.

Of course, it would be better if no errors are found.

Feel free to contact with me.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

• Marked as answer by itafaber Wednesday, September 04, 2013 7:48 AM
    Wednesday, September 04, 2013 5:23 AM
  • Hello Daniel. Thank you

I gave the 'full control' permisisons on the BFE key to Everyone and now the service starts, but MpsSvc and wassvc still are not running

I understood that this is a permission problem, I will do the same thing on the registry for these services but I would also like to understand why this issue has happened. I don't think that Everyone full control is the default configuration. Isn't it?

Anyway thank you again. I'll give you an update asap

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 7:21 AM
  • Ok, I have my system working now. I'm not happy because I've weak the security of the system, but it's working.

What I've done:

- as suggested by Daniel JiSun Pactera, I have changed the permissions con the HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\BFE key to allow Everyone with Full Control

- After that I already had a problem with the Access Denied on the firewall service, so I changed the permisisons on HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess key to allow the NT SERVICE\MpsSvc user to Full Control

And now all the services are working.

Prior to this last 2 services, I had to adjust permissions on DHCP Client service that was not working in the same way: give to local service user the full control permission to DHCP Client registry key

Ideas about why I had to do this?
    comparing to my other Win2012 box the permission looks really different, now.

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 7:48 AM
  • It is caused due to certain applications, processes, and/or services that are vulnerable to malware. For example, an outdated Adobe Flash that is unable to play the media content on a webpage has the tendency to download files. These files may have malicious codes written on them, and when executed, infect your system. Even a User Account Control (UAC) may not be able to prevent the infection.

Checkout this link explaining how you can either repair or restore your bfe service to get the issue resolved

http://www.registryrecycler.com/blog/2013/09/repair-and-restore-base-filtering-engine-bfe/

Monday, September 30, 2013 11:05 AM