none
How to generate a CSR and install the certificate to Remote Desktop Server running on Wondows 2008 R2?

Question

• My RDC server gives users an error when connecting.  It says that the server certificate is untrusted and prompts users not to continue.  I bought a certificate from NetSol and now I need to generate a csr.  Any help on how to do that would be much appreciated.

thanks,

Friday, May 25, 2012 1:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I think an easy way is to use the wizard in IIS.  For example, install RD Web Access Role Service on your RDSH server, and then use the wizard in IIS Manager to create the CSR and install the issued certificate.  The major ssl providers usually have step-by-step instructions on how to generate the CSR from IIS Manager and install the certificate once it is issued.

After you have installed the new certificate you may open RD Session Host Configuration (tsconfig.msc), double-click on RDP-Tcp, and select your new certificate so that it will be used for RDP.

You may uninstall RD Web Access/IIS if you do not need it on this server once everything is working properly.

If you have any questions regarding the steps, subject name, bit size, etc, please let us know.

Thanks.

-TP

Friday, May 25, 2012 9:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I think an easy way is to use the wizard in IIS.  For example, install RD Web Access Role Service on your RDSH server, and then use the wizard in IIS Manager to create the CSR and install the issued certificate.  The major ssl providers usually have step-by-step instructions on how to generate the CSR from IIS Manager and install the certificate once it is issued.

After you have installed the new certificate you may open RD Session Host Configuration (tsconfig.msc), double-click on RDP-Tcp, and select your new certificate so that it will be used for RDP.

You may uninstall RD Web Access/IIS if you do not need it on this server once everything is working properly.

If you have any questions regarding the steps, subject name, bit size, etc, please let us know.

Thanks.

-TP

Friday, May 25, 2012 9:44 PM
  • Good idea.  I will try and let you know if it works.
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:40 PM