none
How can i unlock my dell laptop if i forgot the administrator password?

Question

• Dear Sir,

I forgot my dell laptop administrator password and locked out of the laptop, now i have to use my laptop to finish the home work, how can i unlock my dell laptop if i forgot the administrator password?

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:09 AM

Answers

• Forgot dell laptop administrator password? It would be very frustrated if you are urgent to use the laptop but locked out of it.

Here are the methods how to unlock dell laptop forgot password. I hope it will be helpful for you.

Method 1: Reset password on your dell laptop with password reset disk

This method only works when you have created a password reset disk before you forgot password.

<1>. On your dell laptop logon screen, press Enter directory, and then a password incorrect hint pups up, click on OK to close it.

<2>. Click Reset password… bellow the password text box.

<3>. When the password reset wizard appears, click Next.

<4>. Insert the password reset disk, click Next.

<5>. Type in new password, and the new password hint, click Next, click Finish.

<6>. Then you can login with the new password.

Method 2: Unlock your laptop password with Offline NT Password and Registry Editor

If you have not created a password reset disk before, you can create a live cd or bootable usb with Offline NT Password Registry Editor which is a freeware program. It is base on the text console, so it may be a difficult to carry out.

Here are the main steps to use Offline NT password registry editor:

<1>. Get Offline NT Password Registry Editor and use it to create a live cd or bootable usb.

<2>. Set your dell laptop to boot with the cd or usb.

<3>. Follow the instruction to finish the operation when the password reset program starts.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:56 AM

All replies

• Forgot dell laptop administrator password? It would be very frustrated if you are urgent to use the laptop but locked out of it.

Here are the methods how to unlock dell laptop forgot password. I hope it will be helpful for you.

Method 1: Reset password on your dell laptop with password reset disk

This method only works when you have created a password reset disk before you forgot password.

<1>. On your dell laptop logon screen, press Enter directory, and then a password incorrect hint pups up, click on OK to close it.

<2>. Click Reset password… bellow the password text box.

<3>. When the password reset wizard appears, click Next.

<4>. Insert the password reset disk, click Next.

<5>. Type in new password, and the new password hint, click Next, click Finish.

<6>. Then you can login with the new password.

Method 2: Unlock your laptop password with Offline NT Password and Registry Editor

If you have not created a password reset disk before, you can create a live cd or bootable usb with Offline NT Password Registry Editor which is a freeware program. It is base on the text console, so it may be a difficult to carry out.

Here are the main steps to use Offline NT password registry editor:

<1>. Get Offline NT Password Registry Editor and use it to create a live cd or bootable usb.

<2>. Set your dell laptop to boot with the cd or usb.

<3>. Follow the instruction to finish the operation when the password reset program starts.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:56 AM
  • Locked out of your Dell laptop forgot password? You can reset the forgotten password with a password reset program.

Unlock dell laptop with Vodusoft windows password reset program.

1. Get Vodusoft Windows password reset program

2. Run it in an accessible pc and create a password reset disk with a usb.

3. Set laptop to boot from the password reset disk

•  3.1 Restart laptop, Press Boot Menu Key (F12) immeadiately
    • 3.2 On Boot Menu, select usb device, press Enter.

4. Reset laptop password when the password reset program set up.

• Proposed as answer by imbrainemily Tuesday, April 02, 2013 7:23 AM
    Tuesday, April 02, 2013 7:22 AM
  • If you have ever created a Windows password reset disk for that administrator account before you forgot its password, just use that disk to reset your laptop administrator password. If not, I think you can use Daossoft Windows Password Rescuer which can be searched and downloaded by Google search. Steps are as below:

Step 1: Install the Daossoft Windows Password Rescuer into another PC you can access as administrator. 

Step 2: Launch this program to burn it to a USB/CD/DVD flash drive.

Step 3: Start or Restart your locked laptop. When the first screen appears continuously press boot keys to enter the BIOS setup utility to set your laptop to boot from the flash drive.

Step 4: After your laptop booting up, select your Windows system and administrator account whose password you need to remove then click "Reset Password" button. 

After the 4 steps above, just click "Reboot" button. Then you can access your laptop as administrator without password.

Monday, May 05, 2014 3:48 AM