none
Netlogon error 5719

General discussion

•  

Hi all,

I have few 2003 member server and these servers are giving an Event ID 5719. Could not establsh a secure connection with the domain controller. No logon server is available to service the request.

After restart we will be able to logon from the same server to the domain. Few days later i will face the same problem.

This is not the Domain Controller is busy to serve my logon request since my other members are able to login at any time with any numbers.

Please let me know any valid solution.... 

Thursday, February 07, 2008 12:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

For your issue, I’ like to know that these servers that log ID 5719 Event have 1-gigabyte (GB) network adapters installed or not.

1. If yes, please refer to the following KB article:

Event ID 5719 is logged when you start a computer on a domain, and the computer is running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938449

The "DependOnService" registry key described in the KB identifies specific services that must be loaded before NETLOGON is loaded. It makes sure that the network interface card is ready before NETLOGON service's loading.

2. If no, is it possible we de-join and re-join the server to the domain? Then check how it works.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Miles Li

Microsoft Online Community Support

Thursday, February 07, 2008 7:01 AM
  • Karthik,

Did you resolved this problem? I have exact same problem since I ran Microsoft updates last week.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Monday, February 25, 2008 4:40 PM
  • We have had the same issue (netlogon / 5719) on Windows 2003 SP1 server from an batch file controlled script that is used to stop services, then shut down servers, and restart servers. The problem happened on the restart servers portion of the processing, specifically a SQL Server 2000 server. So far, our technical folks have not provided a potential solution. This caused us to miss a system availability window, as Director, I do not want that to happen.I would like to find a bullet-proof resolution. Thanks.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 6:26 PM
  • Multiple leave-domains, computer account deletes, and re-joins had no positive effect.
    but updating the poor drivers of a low(est) cost gigabit nic on a XP Pro Wks, like described in mentioned KB article, solved the problem.
    Monday, July 21, 2008 2:33 PM
  • Don't understand abbreviations. Are you saying network card (nic) above should have driver updated and this is responsible? I run XP, and the problem occurs on one computer on the network 1-2/day when I try to deposit files in a folder on another computer on the network (another PC, not a server). If there is no new Lenovo driver, then what? Thank you.
    Friday, September 26, 2008 4:50 AM
  • Hi,

For your issue, I’ like to know that these servers that log ID 5719 Event have 1-gigabyte (GB) network adapters installed or not.

1. If yes, please refer to the following KB article:

Event ID 5719 is logged when you start a computer on a domain, and the computer is running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938449

The "DependOnService" registry key described in the KB identifies specific services that must be loaded before NETLOGON is loaded. It makes sure that the network interface card is ready before NETLOGON service's loading.

2. If no, is it possible we de-join and re-join the server to the domain? Then check how it works.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Miles Li

Microsoft Online Community Support

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. My system is taking more than around 10 minutes to logon. I followed the KB article and changed the registry value. But i'm still getting netlogon error in the events. The server is windows 2003 and i'm using windows xp sp2. But when i login as an administrator the system is taking only a second to login. I dono much about AD and servers. Another thing i can tell you is that i'm able to ping my server with the computer name. But i'm not able to ping with FQDN. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Regards,
    NLV
    Friday, November 13, 2009 5:40 AM
  • Hi,

I have used this thread to create a new topic on the TechNet Wiki, Event ID 5719 source Netlogon (dsforum2wiki) at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/event-id-5719-source-netlogon-dsforum2wiki.aspx

The Wiki is a great place to roll up answers for the community to improve an article (versus threads).  Take a look and share your feedback.

Justin Hall, MSFT

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 8:13 PM