Windows Server 2008 Roles / Services Conflict

Question

• I am trying to pre configure Windows Server 2008 for a MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 install after reading MS help & support Article ID: 950100 - Support for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 on Windows Server 2008-based computers , upon trying to install Indexing Service Role in File Services Roles ... I am presented with the following message Windows Search Service and Indexing Service Cannot both be installed on the same server.  Any body know a workaround for this problem? 
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 1:32 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The Indexing Service role service and the Windows Search Service role service cannot co-exist.

To add the Indexing Service role service, please remove the Windows Search Service role service first.

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The Indexing Service role service and the Windows Search Service role service cannot co-exist.

To add the Indexing Service role service, please remove the Windows Search Service role service first.

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:57 AM
  • Lol must have been a late night for me ... I didnt even see Windows Search Service listed in the services above ... simple really . thanks
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 9:27 AM