none
Capacity Planner Error

Question

• I am trying to use the Hyper-v Capacity Planner but keep getting an error. The Planner runs completely through and then errors out with "Errors occurred while collecting counters on primary. Check logs for more details." I check the logs and it has this error

"Exception recvd. at CollectPrimaryCounters One or more errors occurred.    at Microsoft.Virtualization.HVRCapacityPlanner.CalculateCapacity.CollectPrimaryCounters(Int32 MachineIndex)
       at Microsoft.Virtualization.HVRCapacityPlanner.CalculateCapacity.<>c__DisplayClass1.<CalculateCapacityInternalStep1>b__0(Int32 currentCounterInfoList) Inner Exception: One or more errors occurred.    at Microsoft.Virtualization.HVRCapacityPlanner.Utilities.<>c__DisplayClasse.<CountersCalculation>b__c(Int32 line)".

I have no idea what this is. All firewalls are off.

Fred Wilburn

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 7:50 PM

All replies

• I have been able to reproduce same error testing on 6 hosts/33 VMs. I've posted the question to the authors and to Keith Mayer who's a great MS technologist and blogger...

Sam Boutros, Senior Consultant, Software Logic, KOP, PA http://superwidgets.wordpress.com (Please take a moment to Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, where applicable)

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:39 PM
  • This has not been answered. The problem has been reproduced but not answered

Fred Wilburn

Monday, September 08, 2014 12:06 PM