none
Jumbo Frames not working with Intel X520 KX4-KR Mezzanine cards

General discussion

• We have Dell M910's with the Intel X520 cards and jumbo frames does not appear to be working, or at least through the 8024-K switches in the blade chassis.  This was working fine with the Server 8 beta.  At first I though it was something with the new teaming feature, but if I take a single NIC and set it to use 9014 jumbo frames, I am unable to ping -f -l 8000 to an older Server 8 beta server on another blade in same chassis, through the same switch.  Is any one else seeing this behavior with jumbo frames in general or with the X520 cards?  Also, there doesn't appear to be an Intel driver for this card yet for 2012.

-Jeff

Friday, June 15, 2012 9:03 PM

All replies

• After some further testing, it appears the problem is related to fragmentation or MTU.  If I disable Jumbo Frames and try to ping -l 2000 with no -f switch, it still doesn't work.  There is clearly a problem with this version of the driver for the Intel cards.  We also have Broadcom cards in these same M910's and they do not have any problems with fragmentation or jumbo frames.  I can ping -f -l 9999 all day long... 

If there is anyone else out there that has the X520 cards in any of the dell blades or servers, can you please test and confirm you are seeing a the same problem?

thanks.. Jeff 

Saturday, June 16, 2012 1:03 AM
  • Anyone with any thoughts on this?
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 5:11 PM
  • I have the same problem. Did you find any solution?
    Wednesday, August 01, 2012 1:06 PM
  • We ended up injecting the driver from the previous Beta build and this at least is getting us connectivity.  Guess we wait until 8-15 so we can pull the RTM code down from MSDN.
    Friday, August 03, 2012 9:47 PM
  • You can download a version of drivers for Windows 8 and Windows 2012 from here http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=21642

I hope this could help you!

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 12:06 PM
  • We checked WinUpdate again the other day, and they have the new Intel drivers on there. They work!! Thanks!!
    Wednesday, August 08, 2012 4:15 PM