none
Can Windows Live Mesh work on Windows Server 2012?

Question

• I installed Windows Live Mesh (part of Windows Live Essentials) on Windows Server 2012. No errors in the installation and it created the firewall exceptions for itself as it should, but when I launch it, I get the error message "Sorry, there was a problem with Windows Live Mesh". I've tried rebooting and reinstalling as the message suggests, but I'm still getting that message. Anybody know what the problem might be?

Rick - MSFT

Saturday, July 21, 2012 12:18 AM

All replies

• I don't know but it works on mine.
    Saturday, July 21, 2012 2:49 AM
  • Hi,

According to the problem description, this issue is related to Windows Live Mesh. For Windows Live Mesh issue, the best resource is Windows Live Essentials Help & How-to.

Based on the current situation, you’d better submit a new question to Windows Live Essentials Help & How-to for further assistance. In this way, your issue can be resolved effectively.

Windows Live Essentials Help & How-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/essentials-help-center

Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,

Arthur Li

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 7:53 AM
  • @Arthur_Li

That Windows Live Essentials Help & How-to page doesn't give me a way to ask a new question. It is just a handful of FAQs, none of which is relevant to my issue. Live Mesh has installed just fine on this very same machine before I changed the OS to WinServ 2012.  I think it is probably a compatibility issue with WS 2012, in which case this forum is a good place to ask the question.

Rick - MSFT

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 4:48 PM
  • I have the same issue than Rickee: I can install and successfully use Live Mesh on multiple Windows versions but not with Windows Server RC 2012.

NB: the error is that no Live Essentials 2011 Apps can start, included Live Mail and Live Mesh.

Is something planed?

Saturday, July 28, 2012 10:25 PM
  • Hi,

We need a compatibility update from Windows Live to compatible with Windows Server 2012 RC. This is why I suggest you contact Windows Live Support to confirm if such update will be available.

Please refer to the following link and try the Messenger forum:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/messenger/help-center

Regards,

Arthur Li

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:57 AM
  • All silent. Problem is urgent! Who realties have a solution?
    Tuesday, October 02, 2012 7:58 AM