none
Issues printing pictures from shared printer

Question

• Hi,

I have a bizarre issue i have tried and tried to find solution too. Please bear with me, i will try to explain...

All of a sudden a printer I have installed on our Server 2008 R2 box refuses to print pictures. I dont get any error messages just pictures come out as blank pages and word documents have blank sections where pictures should be. Colours print fine on words.

The printer prints everything fine when I connect to a test machine VIA usb.

It was setup as a local TCP/IP printer on the server and then shared across our domain as \\server\printer. If, however, i connect to the printer locally using its IP address (like the server) i can print everything fine.

As a workaround i currently have it shared off of another machine (XP Pro) the same way it was on the server and everyone can print pics fine.

I have checked over all the print settings, tried from MANY different machines, and it seems to only happen on this printer, when shared from the server and only effects pictures or clip arts. Oh, and it worked for months until 1 day it just stopped. Nothing was changed prior to it stopping

The printer in question in a Deskjet D6940 and im using Server 2008 R2

Please Help!!

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 12:26 PM

Answers

• Hi

Can you check on the website if they have a driver for this model for install on Win Server 2008?? I doubt they do.. which driver did you install, an xp, vista or 7 driver?? I think if you try the Windows Vista or 7 driver it should work.. m not sure if you'll get a BSOD or not but i dnt think so.. but agin i'm not sure hehe just go to the website and check though i dont think they have one for server platforms..

tech-nique
    Wednesday, March 02, 2011 3:12 PM

All replies

• just guessing here, seen something similar (pictures got printed as black boxes) here in the past. so far it always was a printer driver issue for us, using a different driver version corrected the issue (check if the xp driver is different version, pcl6 vs pcl5)

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 1:10 PM
  • Hi

Can you check on the website if they have a driver for this model for install on Win Server 2008?? I doubt they do.. which driver did you install, an xp, vista or 7 driver?? I think if you try the Windows Vista or 7 driver it should work.. m not sure if you'll get a BSOD or not but i dnt think so.. but agin i'm not sure hehe just go to the website and check though i dont think they have one for server platforms..

tech-nique
    Wednesday, March 02, 2011 3:12 PM