none
About Error of WSUS Server Debug Tool on WSUS 3.0 SP3

Question

• Hello Partners:

I need to know if the WSUS Server Debug Tool.exe is compatible with  WSUS 3.0 SP2 over Windows 2008 R2 Standard 64 bits. When I execute in CMD the next command "WsusDebugTool.EXE /Tool:PurgeUnnneededFiles" , gives this error:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.UpdateServices.Common, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, Public
    KeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'Microsoft.UpdateServices.Common, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'at Microsoft.SoftwareDistribution.Tools.SusServerTool.Main(String[] args)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

I need your help?

Warm Regards,

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:22 AM

Answers

• I need to know if the WSUS Server Debug Tool.exe is compatible with WSUS 3.0 SP2 over Windows 2008 R2 Standard 64 bits.

It depends. Generally speaking, most of the functionality originally built into the WSUS Server Debug Tool is now native in WSUS v3.

When I execute in CMD the next command "WsusDebugTool.EXE /Tool:PurgeUnnneededFiles", gives this error

This is one of those functions that's now native in WSUS v3, and you'll find in in the Server Cleanup Wizard.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Packaging, Deployment & Servicing (2005-2013)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    http://www.solarwinds.com/gotmicrosoft
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:20 PM