none
RRaS tells me to delete something that's not there???

General discussion

• Ok, I'm quite new at RRaS, but pretty experienced with the Windows Server platform. I installed RRaS and misconfigured it. After removing and reinstalling the damned thing, every time I right click the role and click Enable RRaS and configure, it says "Incoming Connections are enabled. To use RRaS, you must first open Network Connections and delete Incoming Connections." However, when I open up Network Connections, INCOMING CONNECTIONS IS NOT THERE!!!! It doesn't show up ANYWHERE!! netsh interface ipv4 show interfaces   doesn't show it. I can't figure out why it is doing this and I need it to be fixed ASAP.

Any help appreciated,

CBiss

Thursday, April 05, 2012 7:23 AM

All replies

• Sounds like you or someone else in the past has created an inbound connection, such as for VPN or some sort of dialin access, but it's now hidden.

When looking at Network Connections, do you have under Folder View, show hidden connections set? You may have to set that in Control Panel, Folder Options.

What shows up in Device Manager if also opt to show hidden devices?

Ace Fekay
    MVP, MCT, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007 & Exchange 2010, Exchange 2010 Enterprise Administrator, MCSE & MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
    Microsoft Certified Trainer
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    Complete List of Technical Blogs: http://www.delawarecountycomputerconsulting.com/technicalblogs.php

This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

FaceBook Twitter LinkedIn

Thursday, April 05, 2012 5:05 PM
  • Hi CBiss,

Thanks for posting here.

In addition, did we restart this server after we removed RRAS from server when attempted to reinstall it ?

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Tiger Li

TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Tiger Li Monday, April 09, 2012 7:43 AM
    Monday, April 09, 2012 7:41 AM