"The procedure entry point_resetskoflw could not be located
    in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"

How do I get rid of it?

Friday, April 13, 2012 3:01 PM

Answers

• Please refer 

Error Message: Procedure Entry Point Not Found in Msvcrt.dll File 

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324762

If it looks good, Eat it ! Likewise, If you don't know the answers, don't hesitate to ask questions !!

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

About Me !!!

Friday, April 13, 2012 3:13 PM
  • To resolve this problem:

Windows is functional

Copy the Msvcrt.dll file, or Expand the Msvcrt.dl_ file, from the latest Service Pack or  CD-ROM, to %SystemRoot%\System32.

NOTE: It is best to restart Windows.

Windows is NOT functional

1. Boot to the Recovery Console.

2. Copy the Msvcrt.dll file, or Expand the Msvcrt.dl_ file, from the latest Service Pack or CD-ROM, to %SystemRoot%\System32.

3. Exit the Recovery Console.

NOTE: Msvcrt.dll is NOT protected by Windows File Protection.

Saturday, April 14, 2012 8:15 AM

All replies

• Please refer 

Error Message: Procedure Entry Point Not Found in Msvcrt.dll File 

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324762

If it looks good, Eat it ! Likewise, If you don't know the answers, don't hesitate to ask questions !!

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

About Me !!!

Friday, April 13, 2012 3:13 PM
  • To resolve this problem:

Windows is functional

Copy the Msvcrt.dll file, or Expand the Msvcrt.dl_ file, from the latest Service Pack or  CD-ROM, to %SystemRoot%\System32.

NOTE: It is best to restart Windows.

Windows is NOT functional

1. Boot to the Recovery Console.

2. Copy the Msvcrt.dll file, or Expand the Msvcrt.dl_ file, from the latest Service Pack or CD-ROM, to %SystemRoot%\System32.

3. Exit the Recovery Console.

NOTE: Msvcrt.dll is NOT protected by Windows File Protection.

Saturday, April 14, 2012 8:15 AM
  • I have picked up the same error message on one workstation (Client) runing W2k-Pro-SP4 with MSO03k-SP3 after letting AU install MSKB (Microsoft Knowlege Base) 2687403, 2687324 and 2687323 so all issues relating to non MS software do not apply as mentioned in MSKB324762 and MS-AU selected these updates based on the OS (W2k-Pro-SP4) and Outlook (MSO03k-SP3) installed on the PC. I checked the Windows Update log for the information and suspected that the msvcrt.dll was changed during the update. MS dose not list this file though in the "file information" section in the relevant MSKB articles. It is unlikely that MS would ship a file without the the _resetstkoflw function.
    This PC dose not get mail from a MS Exchange Server but is set up to "send and receive" at 15min. intervals from the relevant ISP's mail server (individual mail accounts are set up in Outlook). I have noticed that the error only occurs during the send and receive action.
    I have verified that the msvcrt.dll file is identical to another PC runing W2kSVR-SP4 and the W2k-SP4.
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 3:13 PM