none
Problem with Clustering

Question

• Hello everybody, I build last days a demo but i have some problems with Live Migration. I have 1 Domain Controller. 1 member server in the current domain and 1 addisional domain controler in the same domain. Now i have make a iSCSI targer with my synolygy NAS server. Thats works fine. Also when i go back to my iSCSI initator works it also fine with CHAP. Now i have make with Failover Cluster Manager a cluster with 2 nodes. When i go to Cluster Shared Volumes there are no disks available. Also my storage i cant get some space online. Whats the problem? Kind regards, Ramon
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:58 AM

All replies

• Are you sure your disks meet the requirements?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff182358%28WS.10%29.aspx

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:09 AM
  • I have only install a extern network adapter. You need to adapters?
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:29 AM
  • Can you bring the storage on an other Windows Server online ?

For the cluster you need 2 iscsi initiators (one for the CSV Disk, one for if exists the Quorum)

B

Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:01 PM
  • I have 3 computers. 1 DC 2 NOdes. I have installed iSCSI initiator on 3 computers, also login there with 2 targets for CSV and quorum. But when i connect, and also set it online in disk management, i can add it with avaiable storage, but he never work.
    Friday, May 27, 2011 9:10 AM
  • I have 3 computers. 1 DC 2 NOdes. I have installed iSCSI initiator on 3 computers, also login there with 2 targets for CSV and quorum. But when i connect, and also set it online in disk management, i can add it with avaiable storage, but he never work.
    Friday, May 27, 2011 9:10 AM
  • you can try this, add new interface for your server than seperate your iscsi network and public network.
    Hakan YUKSEL http://yukselis.wordpress.com
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 2:15 PM
  • When you hook up all your peices and parts for the 2-Node cluster, run a full validation process and tell me if all tests pass without errors.

Thanks.

Chuck

Chuck Timon Senior, Support Escalation Engineer (SEE) Microsoft Corporation
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:40 PM
  • Have you checked whether those targets are connected and binded. Go to Disk management and check whether appearing or not. Have u defined IP/subnet range on SAN/NAS.. If yes include the IPs of these nodes too. Add persistent connectivity on iSCSI initiator,

Make sure CHAP authentication is done.

Regards Suman B. Singh
    Friday, July 29, 2011 2:06 PM