none
How to deploy KB923845 - Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) 2.5 to clients?

Question

• Dears,

Hi

We want to deploy KB923845 - Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) 2.5 to clients because SCCM installation on XP SP2 X64 fails and needs this update.

It seems that this update is not in WSUS so we can approve it for install to clients.

If it is available in WSUS please let me know which products and Classsifications should be marked,

If we cannot apprve in WSUS kindly advise a way.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:37 PM

Answers

• We want to deploy KB923845 - Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) 2.5 to clients because SCCM installation on XP SP2 X64 fails and needs this update.

It seems that this update is not in WSUS so we can approve it for install to clients.

If it is available in WSUS please let me know which products and Classsifications should be marked,

This update is only available from the Microsoft Download Center, as discussed in the article KB923845.

The KB article contains the download links for WinXP/2003 packages.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Packaging, Deployment & Servicing (2005-2013)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 4:08 PM

All replies

• We want to deploy KB923845 - Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) 2.5 to clients because SCCM installation on XP SP2 X64 fails and needs this update.

This update is only available from the Microsoft Download Center, as discussed in the article KB923845.

The KB article contains the download links for WinXP/2003 packages.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Packaging, Deployment & Servicing (2005-2013)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 4:08 PM
  • Hi Lawrence,

We are in the same situation above with several Windows Server 2003 machines needing kb923845. Before I suggest manually updating these servers, I just want to clarify that you are saying there is no way to deploy this update through WSUS.

-Thanks for your time

Thursday, May 09, 2013 5:18 PM