none
disable server 2012 terminal server client redirection for a certain user via ADUC

Question

• Hello forum

this bugged me over the last few days.

I have an windows AD domain at 2003 level, a server 2012 terminal server as a hyper-v VM.

I disabled user1's client printer re-direction in ADUC --- user property -- enviroment tab -- un-tick client printer

this method does work on server 2012, I can see the client printers got mapped slowly.

however this worked for another customer with windows 2003 terminal server.

yeah, this baffles me a lot.

Please help .

Many Thanks,

Michael

Saturday, May 25, 2013 10:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Michael,

You may try the following as a workaround, although it is for previous versions of Windows Server:

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

2. Locate the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Wds\rdpwd

3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD value.

4. Type fEnablePrintRDR, and then press ENTER.

5. Double-click fEnablePrintRDR, in the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.

Note
     Setting fEnablePrintRDR to 0 (disabled) will also disable client drive mappings.

Quote from Terminal Services event messages 1100 or 1114 in Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

You may try the following as a workaround, although it is for previous versions of Windows Server:

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

2. Locate the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Wds\rdpwd

3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD value.

4. Type fEnablePrintRDR, and then press ENTER.

5. Double-click fEnablePrintRDR, in the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.

Note
     Setting fEnablePrintRDR to 0 (disabled) will also disable client drive mappings.

Quote from Terminal Services event messages 1100 or 1114 in Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:13 AM
  • Hell Jeremy

This reg change will affect all TS users?

Thx & Regards

Michael

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:36 AM
  • Hi Michael,

I think so.

And, please note: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, please refer to How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Thanks.

Jeremy Wu

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:52 AM