none
Remove network connections systray icon...

Question

• I'm trying to remove the network tray icon programmatically.  In Windows 2003/XP I could just remove the key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{7007ACCF-3202-11D1-AAD2-00805FC1270E}" but that isn't the case anymore in 2008R2.  

Anyone know how to access the "Turn system icons on or off" automatically and turn off "Network?"

TIA.

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:13 PM

Answers

• Why don't you try for group policy settings to accomplish it. Here is the way to set user configuration settings.Also use same settings to enable/disable icons from notification area.

User Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative Templates -> Start Menu and Taskbar -> Remove the networking icon= enabled.

Regards, Ravikumar P

• Marked as answer by snickered Wednesday, December 05, 2012 9:27 PM
    Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:38 PM

All replies

• Why don't you try for group policy settings to accomplish it. Here is the way to set user configuration settings.Also use same settings to enable/disable icons from notification area.

User Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative Templates -> Start Menu and Taskbar -> Remove the networking icon= enabled.

Regards, Ravikumar P

• Marked as answer by snickered Wednesday, December 05, 2012 9:27 PM
    Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:38 PM

Regards, Ravikumar P

Very nice, I didn't know that setting was there.  Thanks a lot.
    Wednesday, December 05, 2012 9:26 PM