none
how to make WINDOWS DNS server respond to AAAA query(how to reject it or just respond to AAAA query)

Question

• I have a client ------->DNS SERVER due to some default configuration in client,it continue to send AAAA query yo DNS server which doesn't have any AAAA record.The worse thing is DNS server receive this query but didn't respond anything to client, I want to configure the DNS to answer this query even there is no this type record ,just reject the AAAA query and respond this to client or send something to the client to let the client stop trying send AAAA query to iy
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting here.

> The worse thing is DNS server receive this query but didn't respond anything to client, I want to configure the DNS to answer this query even there is no this type record ,just reject the AAAA query and respond this to client or send something to the client to let the client stop trying send AAAA query to iy

I’m afraid this is impossible in windows , but you might consider to deploy firewall or IDS(Intrusion-detection system) in front of your DNS server to detect and reject the incoming AAAA query requires base on defined behavior rules.

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by robert198411 Friday, July 15, 2011 5:13 AM
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 4:47 AM