none
The publisher of this RemoteApp program cannot be identified

Question

• I have a RDS server that had a valid SSL cert installed.  When it came time to renew the cert, I did so and installed the new cert.  However, now that the OLD cert has expired, users are getting The publisher of this RemoteApp program cannot be identified whenever they try to connect to the Remote App.  I have read that you must recreate the remote apps.  Is this true or did I just missing a setting somewhere?
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you have distributed your RemoteApps via .rdp or .msi files, then Yes, you need to re-create the files so that they are signed with the new certificate.  You do this by right-clicking on each RemoteApp in RemoteApp Manager.  If you are using RDWeb then there is no need to recreate the .rdp files, however, you do need to configure it to use your new certificate.

In RemoteApp Manager, did you configure it to use your new certificate?

-TP

• Marked as answer by TBone1985 Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:13 PM
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 5:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you have distributed your RemoteApps via .rdp or .msi files, then Yes, you need to re-create the files so that they are signed with the new certificate.  You do this by right-clicking on each RemoteApp in RemoteApp Manager.  If you are using RDWeb then there is no need to recreate the .rdp files, however, you do need to configure it to use your new certificate.

In RemoteApp Manager, did you configure it to use your new certificate?

-TP

• Marked as answer by TBone1985 Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:13 PM
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 5:12 AM
  • I did make the change in remote app manager.  I just can't believe you have to re-do the MSI and RDP files.  I'll just have the users check the box to ignore the error.  I'll never get all the apps re done with the new cert.

Thanks for the reply.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:13 PM
  • I have configured the RemoteApp Manager to use the proper certificate I want.  But, when I launch any RemoteApps (even through RDWeb Access) it gives a certificate error.  When I view the certificate, it's an old self-signed certificate I removed from everywhere I could think of on the server long ago.

The new one is being used just fine for the actual website of RDWeb Access, so I'm not sure why it's not working for the Apps themselves.

I wanted to piggy back on this forum post for 2 reasons, #1 it's very recent and #2 I feel like i had this problem and did these things but the remote apps, no matter what, keep using this old and what I now beleive to be non-existant certificate.

Any help would be so appreciated.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:11 PM
  • I figured it out!

The place I had not selected the correct certificate was in the RD Session Host Configuration.  Had to double click on the connection then on the General tab click Select at the bottom and choose my proper certificate.  It was on Auto-Assign, which was the self signed, non-existant certificate.

Very happy camper.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:15 PM