none
Cannot create object (directory service was unable to allocate a relative identifier)

Question

• Hi All,

We have a server (Windows 2003 Std R2) which has just been dcpromo to DC as IMREAD4.

We encountered error message "Windows cannot create the object because: The directory service was unable to allocate a relative identifier" (Please take note we do not encounter this error in IMREAD1, IMREAD2 and IMREAD3). We have gone through kb822053 but found that the cause is not our case. Therefore, we did not implement the resolution.

On the other hand, I have uploaded MS reports and dcdiag log on http://www.zshare.net/download/56096643c576d347/. Anyone able to analyze and provide some tips on resolution?

Thanks in advance.

Chris ong
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 8:56 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I have read the logs that you uploaded. And I did some research regarding error message “DsBindWithSpnEx() failed with error 1722, The RPC server is unavailable, The server holding the PDC role is down.” This issue may occur when this server cannot locate the Domain Controller.

Based on my experience, you may check the followings and see if it works:

1.      On the problematic server, make sure the “Preferred DNS server” pointed to your Domain Controller.

2.      On the problematic server, run “ping  domain controller”, does it work?

3.      Check the time synchronization between Domain Controller and problematic server.

4.      Make sure the Domain Controller is available. Do you receive any error message on the Domain Controller?

Regards,
    Nick Gu - MSFT
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:22 AM