none
How to setup the background window process with desktop session by windows scheduler?

Answers

• You can choose between 2 options (see screenshot below) while running a task.

Run only when user is logged on - task interacts with the logged on user session.

Run whether user is logged on or not - task doesn't require to interact with logged on user session.

You might want to try testing your script using task in both the scenario's and choose the appropriate one which works.

Thanks

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate Text Vote As Helpful & click on Alternate Text Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Monday, April 08, 2013 4:58 AM

All replies

• Please refer following article on scheduling tasks on Server

Task Scheduler How To...

Make sure that, User account has Admin privileges on the Server and run task/s with highest privileges, make sure to select the Operating Systems as appropriate.

Make sure to grant "log on as batch job" permission to user account which you would be going to use for running the task/s.

By the way, I am not sure about the script or the code which you might want to schedule.

Scripting, coding related questions are off topic in Server General forum.

P.S. : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservergen/thread/9ce53966-49bb-48fe-b195-2652ad8d09d9

If you have questions in regards to scripting, there's a scripting forum : The Official Scripting Guys Forum!HTH

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate Text Vote As Helpful & click on Alternate Text Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Monday, April 08, 2013 4:08 AM
  • Dear Santosh

thx a lot you info

As mentioned that the script that we used is VS2010 Coded UI and it can help to simulate the user mouse click and keypress and replay the action on application. But per checking with supporting of CodedUI feature that we must make sure the window process with desktop session. Hence do you know how to make sure the scheduler task have desktop session? is there any config or commandline parameter specify this?

Best Regards

Monday, April 08, 2013 4:16 AM
  • You can choose between 2 options (see screenshot below) while running a task.

Run only when user is logged on - task interacts with the logged on user session.

Run whether user is logged on or not - task doesn't require to interact with logged on user session.

You might want to try testing your script using task in both the scenario's and choose the appropriate one which works.

Thanks

Regards, Santosh

Monday, April 08, 2013 4:58 AM
  • let me try this option when the script is ready, thx a lot your information
    Monday, April 08, 2013 5:29 AM
  • let me try this option when the script is ready, thx a lot your information
    I am unmarking the answer since, there's no answer yet. Please feel free to mark the answer when you complete your test/s and have results :)

Regards, Santosh

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate TextVote As Helpful & click on Alternate TextMark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Monday, April 08, 2013 5:44 AM