none
Re-store Client Backup

Question

• Hi!

I apologize if this was posted before, but I've spent all last week looking for a solution without success. I have a WS2012 essentials running with 3 PCs connected and joined to the domain a Win7 (32bits), win7 (64) and win8. I have a full back up of all clients store on the network drives on the server folder. Las week my server crashed and I had to recover which I did without a problem since I have a separate hard drive for server backup. After I recover the server with same set up, same domain name, and kept the same client names I am unable to recover the client from the backups. I have to recover some files from a backup on a client (win7(32bits)) but after I reconnected all the machines back to the domain non of the backups show up on the clients. I have 38gbs of data that I need to recover but no way of reading the backups. am I missing something here?

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:02 AM

All replies

• Did you reinstall the server with the same name, or do a recovery from a backup?

There is a big difference between the two.

Robert Pearman SBS MVP | www.titlerequired.com | www.itauthority.co.uk

• Proposed as answer by Ken Warren Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:30 PM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:09 AM
  • Robert,

I did a recovery from the server back up drive I had. I had to uninstall the windows server 2012 connector on all the clients and re-install it to connect the PC back to the server because after a full server restore the clients no longer were able to communicate with the server. Now the client backups do not show up on the machines any more. I have the folder with all of the prior client backups but no way to read them now even though I kept everything the same before the re-store. 

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:22 AM