none
Can not manage Hyper-V server 2008 at all

Question

• I have installed Hyper-V server 2008 R2, I was can not to connect to it by Hyper-V Manager, but I can do it after turn the firewall off

but now can not manage the VMs on it, each one I try to connect to the Hyper-V service it tell me that

"you don't have the required permissions to complete this task ..........."

although I use the same user, and same password between client and server, and also used the command "cmdkey /add:10.3.0.158 /user:10.3.0.158 \administrator /pass" on the server .............. but can not manage the VMs yet

What can I do now !!!!!!!!!??????????

Saturday, March 03, 2012 8:49 AM

All replies

• Now I can connect to the Hyper-V server, after editing some changes of users Passwords

But now I cannot create New VM or run any VMs !!!!!!!!!!!!?????

it get to me message "Access denied Unable to establish communication between <client IP> and <Hyper-V server name>"

What I can do now !!!!!!!!!??????????

Sunday, March 04, 2012 8:23 AM
  • Are you able to confirm the permissions the account you are using has on the remote Hyper-V Server? e.g are you a member of the local administrators group on the remote Hyper V Server?

Have you used the sconfig tool to configure remote management of the server? I would advise you enable remote MMC Managament of the server using the sconfig tool (option 4 and then option 1 within sconfig)

If that above does not resolve your problem if you can confirm if you have already carried out the above steps and any other steps you have already carried out that will be of assistance

Chris

Sunday, March 04, 2012 10:46 PM
  • Hi,

You can follow this blogs and you should be able to manage Hyper V server remotely.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/jhoward/archive/2008/03/28/part-1-hyper-v-remote-management-you-do-not-have-the-requested-permission-to-complete-this-task-contact-the-administrator-of-the-authorization-policy-for-the-computer-computername.aspx

2. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc794756(WS.10).aspx

Sanket J

Sanket. J Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, March 05, 2012 6:39 AM
  • I already did this step before, and Im enabled all kind of management on Hyper-V server, and also disable the firewall, and no thing yet !!!!!!!!!

I descoverd a thing later .............. the server that I installed Hyper-V on it, Dose not support the VT at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how the Hyper-V has been installed from the beginning !!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Monday, March 05, 2012 9:09 AM