none
about domain

Question

• <p>My ip,getway,dns,alternative dns and domain name is right but why a error massage occur can't find out the domain.
    Saturday, March 16, 2013 3:26 AM

Answers

• Can you post unedited ipconfig /all of server and problem client?

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

For anyone who would going to read this thread, please refer a nice article from Ace Fekay

Why do we ask for an ipconfig /all, when we try to help diagnose AD issues?

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate Text Vote As Helpful & click on Alternate Text Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:09 AM
  • Please start with these basic troubleshooting steps:

• Make sure that each DC has an only one NIC card enabled and only one IP address in use: Other NICs should be disabled
    • Choose a healthy DC / DNS server and make all DCs point to it as primary DNS server
    • Make DC / DNS servers you have point to their private IP address as secondary DNS server
    • Make sure that public DNS servers are set as forwarders and not in IP settings of DCs
    • Make sure that needed ports for AD replication are opened in both directions for DCs: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727063.aspx. PortQryUI should be helpful

Once done, please do a manual cleanup of obsolete / wrong DNS records for DCs in your DNS zones. After that, run ipconfig /registerdns and restart netlogon on DCs you have. After that, please run dcdiag and repadmin commands to check DCs health status and AD replication status.

For the client computer, make sure that it points to your DCs as primary and secondary DNS servers. If this does not help, you may think about temporary disabling security software in use for testing.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 10:49 PM

All replies

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 4:52 AM

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

For anyone who would going to read this thread, please refer a nice article from Ace Fekay

Why do we ask for an ipconfig /all, when we try to help diagnose AD issues?

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate Text Vote As Helpful & click on Alternate Text Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:09 AM
  • Please start with these basic troubleshooting steps:

• Make sure that each DC has an only one NIC card enabled and only one IP address in use: Other NICs should be disabled
    • Choose a healthy DC / DNS server and make all DCs point to it as primary DNS server
    • Make DC / DNS servers you have point to their private IP address as secondary DNS server
    • Make sure that public DNS servers are set as forwarders and not in IP settings of DCs
    • Make sure that needed ports for AD replication are opened in both directions for DCs: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727063.aspx. PortQryUI should be helpful

Once done, please do a manual cleanup of obsolete / wrong DNS records for DCs in your DNS zones. After that, run ipconfig /registerdns and restart netlogon on DCs you have. After that, please run dcdiag and repadmin commands to check DCs health status and AD replication status.

For the client computer, make sure that it points to your DCs as primary and secondary DNS servers. If this does not help, you may think about temporary disabling security software in use for testing.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 10:49 PM