none
Schedule a reboot on Windows 2008 R2

Question

• I would like to schedule a reboot on Windows 2008 R2 on a monthly basis. What tool can I make use of?
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:28 AM

Answers

• you can use the taks scheduler and use the command line tool "shutdown". use shutdown /? in the console window for the options
    • Marked as answer by avilt Wednesday, July 14, 2010 11:44 PM
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:31 AM

All replies

• you can use the taks scheduler and use the command line tool "shutdown". use shutdown /? in the console window for the options
    • Marked as answer by avilt Wednesday, July 14, 2010 11:44 PM
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:31 AM
  • Hello,

personal i am against uncontrolled server reboots. Better do it manual to be sure it works correct after restarting. Especially if this server is used for critical server roles or applications, DC or Exchange for example.

Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:44 AM
  • Hello,

personal i am against uncontrolled server reboots. Better do it manual to be sure it works correct after restarting. Especially if this server is used for critical server roles or applications, DC or Exchange for example.

Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    Easy enough if you have ~10 servers and not 100.
    Friday, April 08, 2011 4:24 PM
  • This person was asking for an answer not an opinion.  For all you know, he wanted his test servers rebooted on a monthly basis.
    Saturday, December 08, 2012 1:16 AM