none
Nothing showing in RemoteApp Programs on Web Access

Question

• Hi guys, Hoping someone can help here as it's my first play around with RDS RemoteApp so very new to it.

Basically ive setup my RDS box, and that all works fine for users remoting onto it. Ive added the Remote desktop web access role and added in a couple of test RemoteApps. I can create the .rdp for these applications and successfully launch them from a client computer.

The problem is that when I use the web access page from a client computer, after logging in my application list is blank. The remote desktop tab works fine, its just empty on the RemoteApp Programs tab.

Any ideas/suggestions on things to check next?

Many thanks.

MCITP Windows 7 Enterprise Administrator

Thursday, March 15, 2012 3:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Whether all users have this issue. Please using Admin & Non-admin user account logon RD Web Access from the local computer and  other machine to see whether the same issue still exists.

1. Please install all the necessary updates to the RD Web Access server.
    2. Whether any error log in the RDS server for RemoteApp and Web Access.
    3. Please open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager console in the RD Web Access server.
        (1). Click the Application Pools in the left plane, right-click theTSWebAccess and select Advanced Settings, select Identityoptions in the Process Model area.
        (2). Please change the Built-in account from ApplicationPoolIdentity to NetworkService, then click OK and exit it.
        (3). Restart the IIS services.
    4. Refresh the IE cache in the client PC and connect to the RD Web Access pages again to see whether the issue still exists.

Technology changes life……

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you try to web access through diffierent OS client? If it is client issue, try to update your RDP version to the latest version.
    If it is a server-side issue,make sure you are enabling RemoteApp Programs for Remote Desktop Web Access: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731450.aspx
    Also look at this article to see whether you are lacking any procedure :http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/5974.aspx

Also,Walk through TS RemoteApp Step-by-Step Guide: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730673(WS.10).aspx

Best regards,

Clarence

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, March 16, 2012 7:59 AM
  • Hi,

You can verify if the Web Acess local group has the session host servers added on Web Access Server, This is for web access servers to pull the information from the RemoteApp Source, few settings will be changed if you connection broker in between.

Verify if your getting in errors logged on the server in event viewer ?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd759250.aspx - Refer this article can be helpful.

Thanks

Sanket. J Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, March 16, 2012 9:17 AM
  • thanks for the reply guys. I have checked both of those and all appears ok. I am able to add the server under the configuration tab.

Just for info; My Web access server and Terminal server is the same server, so it shouldnt be a permissions issue between them.

Friday, March 16, 2012 9:30 AM
  • Any ideas??

Monday, March 19, 2012 3:05 PM
  • Hi,

Whether all users have this issue. Please using Admin & Non-admin user account logon RD Web Access from the local computer and  other machine to see whether the same issue still exists.

1. Please install all the necessary updates to the RD Web Access server.
    2. Whether any error log in the RDS server for RemoteApp and Web Access.
    3. Please open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager console in the RD Web Access server.
        (1). Click the Application Pools in the left plane, right-click theTSWebAccess and select Advanced Settings, select Identityoptions in the Process Model area.
        (2). Please change the Built-in account from ApplicationPoolIdentity to NetworkService, then click OK and exit it.
        (3). Restart the IIS services.
    4. Refresh the IE cache in the client PC and connect to the RD Web Access pages again to see whether the issue still exists.

Technology changes life……

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:56 AM
  • Hi!

I had this issue, Yuan Wang's solution above fixed it for me. Perfect!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:43 PM