none
Is it possible that Storage LUNs to be accessed simultaneously from two Different Cluster (one in 2k8-r2-sp1, the other with WinServer2012

Question

• i've one Central Storage, that i used by a cluster with TWO nodes that are running WinServer2008-R2-SP1. The two servers are connected via iscsi to the SAN Storage.

I need to know if i can access the same LUNs on the storage from a 3rd Server that is running Windows Server 2012.

Is there any dangerous here? 

First, i want to access the LUNs from this node, as normal, without creating Cluster to WindowsServer2012.

Second, what about, if i create a cluster with only one node on 2012, and try to connected to Storage LUNs, is there dangerous here?

will i have to access the data stored on Storage (mostly VMs) from both clusters?

Thank you. 

Lasandro Lopez

Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:08 AM

Answers

• i've one Central Storage, that i used by a cluster with TWO nodes that are running WinServer2008-R2-SP1. The two servers are connected via iscsi to the SAN Storage.

I need to know if i can access the same LUNs on the storage from a 3rd Server that is running Windows Server 2012.

Is there any dangerous here? 

First, i want to access the LUNs from this node, as normal, without creating Cluster to WindowsServer2012.

Second, what about, if i create a cluster with only one node on 2012, and try to connected to Storage LUNs, is there dangerous here?

will i have to access the data stored on Storage (mostly VMs) from both clusters?

Thank you. 

Lasandro Lopez

You'll either get a reservation conflict or damaged volume with mismatched versions of Windows. Use proper SAN capable file system (SANbolic MelioFS, DataPlow DFS or Google for other options). 

StarWind iSCSI SAN & NAS

Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:46 PM