none
File/Storage Errors in Server 2012

Question

• Hi

We are running Server 2012 (proper, downloaded from licensing portal) and are using it as an NFS server for some of our VM Ware machines.

Yesterday the NFS storage went offline for approx. 15 minutes, and then came back online.  The following errors are found in Event Viewer, these errors appear to have been happening since 21/08 but this the first time the NFS server has gone offline.

This error is found in the Applications Log:

File Server Resource Manager finished syncing claims from Active Directory and encountered errors during the sync (0x80072030, There is no such object on the server.

).  Please check previous event logs for details.

And is accompanied by this error:

File Server Resource Manager failed to find the claim list 'Global Resource Property List' in Active Directory (ADsPath: LDAP://mydc.mydomain.local/CN=Global Resource Property List,CN=Resource Property Lists,CN=Claims Configuration,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=mydc,DC=local). Please check that the claims list configured for this machine in Group Policy exists in Active Directory.

Additionally the following error appears in the System log, but not at the same time as the above:

The Group Policy Client Side Extension Folder Redirection was unable to apply one or more settings because the changes must be processed before system startup or user logon. The system will wait for Group Policy processing to finish completely before the next startup or logon for this user, and this may result in slow startup and boot performance.

Our PDC is Server 2003 R2, we have a 2008R2 DC and the 2012 server seems to be authenticating with this DC.  There are no errors on that DC.

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 10:49 AM

All replies

• The error message seems related to "Central Access Policy". Please see the "To assign a central access policy to a file server" part in following article and check if similar settings are configged in your server:

Deploy a Central Access Policy (Demonstration Steps)

http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/hh846167.aspx

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 06, 2012 9:07 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for your reply, I have been examining the errors in more detail (there are many produced) and noticed that is actually reporting this error message for all three of our DCs.

I have partially followed the instructions in the link you have provided but in our 2008 DC there is no "Dynamic Access Control" folder in "Active Directory Administrative Center".

Our other two DCs are 2003 so there is no Administrative Center to attempt to access.

In actual fact Dynamic Access Control looks only to be a part of Active Directory in Server 2012, which may explain why the server is trying to find a policy but cannot.

Thursday, September 06, 2012 12:15 PM
  • Shaon,

We're getting the same error.  We don't have access to add this to our organization's AD at this moment.  I assume this is related to the Classification service and Dyanmic Access Control.  Can this be disabled or can the feature be removed, or is it part of the File Resource Manager now by default.

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 7:09 PM
  • I've got the same errors.  This was meant to be our first 2012 server.  We have two domain controllers, one 2008 and one 2008r2.  We do not have 2012 domain controllers.  

Is there any way to disable this feature until we add 2012 domain controllers?

Friday, October 12, 2012 4:46 PM
  • We have the same issue. MS, what's wrong?
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:36 AM
  • SAme Issue here and server 2012 is not a DC in my domain.  Nothing like nonstop errors that you can do nothing to stop.  Still waiting for a better answer for this one please.
    Friday, December 21, 2012 9:15 AM
  • The error message seems related to "Central Access Policy". Please see the "To assign a central access policy to a file server" part in following article and check if similar settings are configged in your server:

Deploy a Central Access Policy (Demonstration Steps)

http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/hh846167.aspx

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

You have quoted this article in every thread related to these errors. What you have failed to do is answer why this error is occurring or what role or feature this is related to.

I do not wish to use Central Access Policies, now how can i stop these errors? 

Well I found out that removing the File Server Resource Manager feature (found under File And Storage Services -> File and iSCSI Services) stops these errors from showing up.

Monday, January 14, 2013 2:19 PM
  • Hello.

Same problem here too. We are using Windows Server 2012 Datacenter (2) which are not domain controllers - only members of a Failover cluster. We cannot create a share in the clustered scale-out file server because the File Server Resource Manager is not working properly.

Our PDC is a Windows 2003 R2. We have two Windows 2008 R2 servers as domain controllers.

Any news?

Luis

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:08 PM
  • I am having the same errors. They seem to start once you install the NFS server role on a windows server 2012 system. Unfortunately, uninstalling the nfs server role does not make them go away.
    Monday, March 04, 2013 8:47 PM
  • Rybal

I don´t think so. My 2012 servers were never configured as NFS servers.

• Edited by LF.PUC Tuesday, March 05, 2013 4:39 PM
    Tuesday, March 05, 2013 4:38 PM
  • same here, any new news about how to disable that?

cheers

Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:32 AM
  • It's the "File Server Resource Manager", and you likely installed it when you installed NFS because you need to to make NFS file shares
    Friday, March 29, 2013 3:51 PM
  • I found this information that I think answers the questions raised and has an acceptable solution.  The errors can either be ignored or you can update the schema to 2012 without installing a 2012 DC.

Event ID 12339 and 12344: File Server Resource Manager failed to find claim list   

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserver8gen/thread/233188f6-080f-4531-907e-c621e0a07c8d

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 6:07 PM
  • Hi Folks

Has anyone got round to fix this issue without updating DC to 2012 ?

Thanks

mumtaz

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:33 AM
  • I thing the following site gives a solution:

It is a schema problem...

Event ID 12339 and 12344: File Server Resource Manager failed to find claim list

Problem: You are running a Windows Server 2012 file server and you see the error messages in your logs every 15 minutes or so.

1) Event ID: 12339
    File Server Resource  Manager failed to find the claim list 'Global Resource Property List' in Active Directory (ADsPath: LDAP://dc1.domain.local/CN=Global Resource Property List,CN=Resource Property Lists,CN=Claims Configuration,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local).  Please check that the claims list configured for this machine in Group Policy exists in Active Directory.
    2) Event ID: 12344
    File Server Resource  Manager finished syncing claims from Active Directory and encountered errors during the sync (0x80072030, There is no such object on the server.) Please check previous event logs for details.

Solution: You can either upgrade the Active Directory schema to version 56 (Windows Server 2012) or safely ignore the error messages.

If you can update the schema of your domain. Follow these steps:

1)
    log on to Windows Server 2012 as Administrator of your domain
    2)
    Copy from "support \adprep" in the media of Windows Server 2012 to "c:\"
    3)
    run this command
    c:\adprep\adprep.exe /forestprep

THANKS to KIM HELLMAN

Search for kim hellman blogspot and the error message

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 7:12 AM