none
How to change the Color settings in the canon printer

Question

• Dear All,

We are using lot of network canon color printer. The all printer configured windows 2008 server. The installation time all printers configured color settings only. Now we are facing some problem.

If any user giving print out automatically going color. We have changed the settings black & white in the print server. But this settings not applying client machines. Still it's showing the color only. How this settings change in all clinet machines. 

We are deployed printers through group policy......

Please give good solutions for this issue.....

Regards,
    Santh

Saturday, August 16, 2008 12:54 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Based on your description, I understand you setup a printer server on windows server 2008 and install Canon printer on it. The problem is the client PCs can't inherit color settings you set on printer server.

Windows use Point and Print e feature that automatically downloads and installs all printer driver and data files and the configuration information required to use the remote printer from the client computer.

However, if Client computers run Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, UNIX, Novell, and Macintosh, client computers create SMB connections when they connect to a Windows Server 2008 print server. In this case, the configuration data will be not downloaded and applied on client PCs. So please ensure that client does not belong to these types of OS.

In addition, based on my test, in order to let clients inherit the color configurations defined on printer server, we should define them by clicking printer properties->choosing advance tab-> printing defaults->page and quality-> color , but not in printing preferences in general tab.

Hope this helps. If this issue still remains, please let me know the exact print driver model, so that I can test this behavior on my side.
    Monday, August 18, 2008 6:04 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Based on your description, I understand you setup a printer server on windows server 2008 and install Canon printer on it. The problem is the client PCs can't inherit color settings you set on printer server.

Windows use Point and Print e feature that automatically downloads and installs all printer driver and data files and the configuration information required to use the remote printer from the client computer.

However, if Client computers run Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, UNIX, Novell, and Macintosh, client computers create SMB connections when they connect to a Windows Server 2008 print server. In this case, the configuration data will be not downloaded and applied on client PCs. So please ensure that client does not belong to these types of OS.

In addition, based on my test, in order to let clients inherit the color configurations defined on printer server, we should define them by clicking printer properties->choosing advance tab-> printing defaults->page and quality-> color , but not in printing preferences in general tab.

Hope this helps. If this issue still remains, please let me know the exact print driver model, so that I can test this behavior on my side.
    Monday, August 18, 2008 6:04 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your good solution. Now it's working fine. Thanks very much for your help....

Regards,
    Santh
    Saturday, August 23, 2008 5:54 AM
  • I am having this exact issue as well for our iR-Adv c5030's. Oddly the issue only occurs on x86 Windows 7 clients, not on our x64 Windows 7 clients.

Driver versions are for URF II
    x64 = 20.70
    x86 = 20.50

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

David

Friday, June 29, 2012 2:02 PM