none
Windows Server Backup 2008R2 Restore from Network Location problem!

Question

• Hi,

I have problem with restoring windows server 2008R2 from network location. I tried both examples from this link without success. With GUI I have error Error details: Windows Backup encountered an error when accessing the remote shared folder. (0x8078015B) this eror pop up in the 2/5 of restoring disk C. Then I try with CLI and found that LAN(it is set static ip address, and I can ping network location) adapter on 21% of restoring lost connection and give me a error(than I try to ping same location and doesnt have response). After that I don't have connection until run again wizard.

Monday, February 20, 2012 1:53 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

From your description, this issue is more likely related to permissions and networking.

please ensure that you give full permissions to that particular file or a folder.

To set file permissions, refer to the below steps: 

1. Right-click the file and select Properties.
    2. Click on the Security tab.
    3. Click Advanced in the lower right.
    4. In the Advanced Security Settings window that pops up, click on the Owner tab.
    5. Click Edit.
    6. Click Other users or groups.
    7. Click Advanced in the lower left corner.
    8. Click Find Now.
    9. Scroll through the results and double-click on your current user account.
    10. Click OK to all of the remaining windows except the first Properties window.
    11. Select your user account from the list up top and click Edit.
    12. Select your user account from the list up top again and then in the pane below, check Full control under Allow, or as much control as you need.
    13. You’ll get a security warning, click Yes.

If you through all of above methods, this issue still persists, I suspect that  it may be networking issue, you may go to networking forum for a try.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverNAP/threads

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:47 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

From your description, this issue is more likely related to permissions and networking.

please ensure that you give full permissions to that particular file or a folder.

To set file permissions, refer to the below steps: 

1. Right-click the file and select Properties.
    2. Click on the Security tab.
    3. Click Advanced in the lower right.
    4. In the Advanced Security Settings window that pops up, click on the Owner tab.
    5. Click Edit.
    6. Click Other users or groups.
    7. Click Advanced in the lower left corner.
    8. Click Find Now.
    9. Scroll through the results and double-click on your current user account.
    10. Click OK to all of the remaining windows except the first Properties window.
    11. Select your user account from the list up top and click Edit.
    12. Select your user account from the list up top again and then in the pane below, check Full control under Allow, or as much control as you need.
    13. You’ll get a security warning, click Yes.

If you through all of above methods, this issue still persists, I suspect that  it may be networking issue, you may go to networking forum for a try.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverNAP/threads

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:47 AM
  • Hi Jeff,

I doubt that error is becouse permissions, I have full access with that user and I am already owner. I will try on networking forum.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:56 AM