none
Domain joining problen

Question

• Hi,

Kindly suggest me, how to joined windows 2007 client Pc to windows 2003 server

Saturday, February 02, 2013 11:58 AM

Answers

• It seems you have not posted the OS version correct of client machine.However to join workstation to domain you need to configure dns setting on client machine as below and then perfrom domain join.

-->> DNS configuration on clients and member servers:
    -----------------------------------
    1. Each workstation/member server should point to local DNS server as primary DNS and other remote DNS servers as secondary.
    2. Do not set public DNS server in TCP/IP setting of client/member server.

Joining a Computer to the Domain
    http://www.resara.com/docs/1.0/ch11.html

Best Regards,

Sandesh Dubey.

MCSE|MCSA:Messaging|MCTS|MCITP:Enterprise Adminitrator | My Blog

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Saturday, February 02, 2013 4:43 PM

All replies

• pls post the ouput from client OS .

wmic os get caption, version

Best regards Biswajit Biswas Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. MCP 2003,MCSA 2003, MCSA:M 2003, CCNA, MCTS, Enterprise Admin

Saturday, February 02, 2013 2:22 PM
  • It seems you have not posted the OS version correct of client machine.However to join workstation to domain you need to configure dns setting on client machine as below and then perfrom domain join.

-->> DNS configuration on clients and member servers:
    -----------------------------------
    1. Each workstation/member server should point to local DNS server as primary DNS and other remote DNS servers as secondary.
    2. Do not set public DNS server in TCP/IP setting of client/member server.

Joining a Computer to the Domain
    http://www.resara.com/docs/1.0/ch11.html

Best Regards,

Sandesh Dubey.

MCSE|MCSA:Messaging|MCTS|MCITP:Enterprise Adminitrator | My Blog

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Saturday, February 02, 2013 4:43 PM