none
Can't Write To Shared Folder - With Full Permissions

Question

• Hi All,

This has been driving me potty, 
    I'm trying to create a roaming profile for a user but for whatever reason I am unable to write to the network share.

The user account has full privileges to the directory (I even made it so "Everyone" does)
    but not matter if I login through Windows 7 (as a Directory Server) or through another OS as a normal fileshare
    I can't write to the folder

I'm running Server 2008 R2 Trial Edition (if this makes any difference)

Kind regards
    James 
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:13 AM

Answers

• does the user has privileges both in the sharing permissions and the ntfs permissions? if you check security -> advanced -> effective permissions for the user, does he show the appropriate permissions?
    • Marked as answer by Cevo Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:45 PM
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 12:49 PM
  • Hi there,

Sorry yes after posting this I adjusted the drives share privalleges so that everyone had read / write access and then narrowed it by the NTFS permissions to maintain security.

Sorry for the stupid question, not something I had even thought about

kind regards
    James

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:45 PM

All replies

• does the user has privileges both in the sharing permissions and the ntfs permissions? if you check security -> advanced -> effective permissions for the user, does he show the appropriate permissions?
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 12:49 PM
  • Hi there,

Sorry yes after posting this I adjusted the drives share privalleges so that everyone had read / write access and then narrowed it by the NTFS permissions to maintain security.

Sorry for the stupid question, not something I had even thought about

kind regards
    James

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:45 PM