Date:          2/13/2012 1:31:07 PM
    Event ID:      502
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:     
    User:          MISC\misc.dv1
    Computer:      MCDYBXA02
    Description:
    Failed to apply policy and redirect folder "Documents" to "\\MCDYBFS01\UserFolderRedirectionShare\misc.dv1\Documents".
     Redirection options=0x1020.
     The following error occurred: "Can not create folder "\\MCDYBFS01\UserFolderRedirectionShare\misc.dv1\Documents"".
     Error details: "Access is denied."

Then, it will create the local windows profiles instead of redirect the files to shared folder.

I tested and able broswe \\mcdybfs01\userfolderredirectionshare\ to create any files in the shared folder.

Please advise.

Regards,

Wesley

Monday, February 13, 2012 7:41 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you re-check the policy you have configured? Please make sure that Grant the user exclusive rights to Documents was unchecked.

Based on my understanding, that there are some users have the folder redirected correctly, so it seems like that the GPO was not fully applied before. So I would like suggest you run GPupdate/force and then logoff users.

Best Regards,

Yan Li

Yan Li

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 16, 2012 6:57 AM

All replies

• Kindly check these post

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverGP/thread/4dd89a73-e538-458d-8cb2-427d77373d83/

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2493506

Mohamed Abd Elhamid Abd Elaziz Microsoft System Administrator My blog: http://Mabdelhamid.wordpress.com/

Monday, February 13, 2012 7:44 AM
  • Hi M.Abdelhamid,

Those posts are no related to my environment because my folder redirection failed with "Redirection options=0x1020". So, i can't find any solution miscrosoft support site and google.

Please advise. Thanks.

Regards,

Wesley

Monday, February 13, 2012 8:16 AM
  • Hi,

I tried to reproduce the same issue in my Test Lab and as I was sure it was a permission issue, you should check if users are allowed read/write permissions on Destination folder \\MCDYBFS01\UserFolderRedirectionShare\..

Also, you can read http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/hu-HU/winserverDS/thread/68c81156-b7d9-4e8f-9854-7caa419e0f9e for more details. Hope this helps. Also you can confirm if user has access to that shared folder via browsing the folder and creating a file/folder on the it from user's desktop.

MCSE Certified

• Edited by IamBharat Monday, February 13, 2012 9:37 AM .
    Monday, February 13, 2012 9:16 AM
  • Hi,

The error indicates that the share folder was configured with wrong permissions. I would like suggest you check out below settings of folder redirection:

1. Setting: Basic-Redirect everyone's folder to the same location

2. Target folder location: Create a folder for each user under the root path

3. Root Path: \\mcdybfso1\userfolderrefirectionshare (Make sure the share folder is reachable for users)

4. Under Settings tab, please uncheck  Grant the user exclusive rights to Documents.

Permissions for the shared folder:

Share permission:

Everyone: Change and Read

NTFS permission:

Domain Users: Read and List

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Yan Li

Yan Li

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 1:20 AM
  • Hi all,

I am sure configured the share folder with correct permission it because the problemantic users profile initially are working fine. I using the Citrix User Profiles management + MS folder redirection.

First scenario: If the folder redirection failed, it will create a temp profile.

Second scenario: It will create user local profile instead of folder redirection.

Seem today some of the problemantic users profile are redirection successfully.

I no sure what are the root cause. But i sure someday the scenario will happen again.

Any advise?

Thanks for all the reponses.

Regards,

Wesley

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:54 AM
  • Hi,

Have you re-check the policy you have configured? Please make sure that Grant the user exclusive rights to Documents was unchecked.

Based on my understanding, that there are some users have the folder redirected correctly, so it seems like that the GPO was not fully applied before. So I would like suggest you run GPupdate/force and then logoff users.

Best Regards,

Yan Li

Yan Li

Thursday, February 16, 2012 6:57 AM
  • Hi Yan Li,

You suggestion are correct after unchecked the Gran the user exclusive rights to Documents. Seem the folder redirection working fine at this moment.

Thanks all of you. It is permission issues.

Regards,

Wesley

Friday, March 02, 2012 4:12 AM