none
A lot of certs in the Published Certificates property sheet of AD Users

Question

• Hi!

A while back I rolled out Certificate services for OCS / Lync internally.   I read a lot about the service before actually installing, it took a couple of tries, to get it working, too.  But, it works!

I'm still challenged by issuing certs, but someday it will all click.

Today, troubleshooting another issue, I looked at the Published Certificates tab under my AD account properties to find there was a bunch of certs in there.  Thinking this might be related to the problem I was having I saved each one to a file..  About an hour later I find I have saved off 94 certs. from my account.

I go to look at other people's accounts and they have similar one's, although not  in the 90's ..    

They all look to be the same cert to me.   A lot of them expire on 8/xx/2012..

The certs are for Client Authentication, Secure email, Encrypting Filesystem. 

Does anyone know what the heck I did?  Why this is happening?     Could this cause SingleSignon to fail?

Dane!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:13 AM

All replies

• Hi!

A while back I rolled out Certificate services for OCS / Lync internally.   I read a lot about the service before actually installing, it took a couple of tries, to get it working, too.  But, it works!

I'm still challenged by issuing certs, but someday it will all click.

Today, troubleshooting another issue, I looked at the Published Certificates tab under my AD account properties to find there was a bunch of certs in there.  Thinking this might be related to the problem I was having I saved each one to a file..  About an hour later I find I have saved off 94 certs. from my account.

I go to look at other people's accounts and they have similar one's, although not  in the 90's ..    

They all look to be the same cert to me.   A lot of them expire on 8/xx/2012..

The certs are for Client Authentication, Secure email, Encrypting Filesystem. 

Does anyone know what the heck I did?  Why this is happening?     Could this cause SingleSignon to fail?

Dane!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:12 AM
  • Please have this asked in security forum

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversecurity/threads

Regards,

_Prashant_

MCSA|MCITP SA|Microsoft Exchange 2003 Blog - http://prashant1987.wordpress.com Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:17 AM