none
currently no logon servers available to process this request

Question

• Dear All,

We have a server and for some reasons i had restarted server with hard boot after restarting server when we are trying to login with domain administrator account its sayingcurrently no log on servers available to process this request and now we are able to login on the same server with local administrator account so what should i do for the same any ideas. Details are as below

OS : Windows Server 2008 Ent Edition which holds AD, DNS role

Note : Before restarting is was working good.

Thanking in advance

Pradip Sisodiya

Saturday, February 02, 2013 9:36 PM

Answers

• Pradeep,

First of all, check your AD health, it seems your AD has some issues.

As Syed already suggested, please post the result of dcdiag, which will help us to understand what exactly is going on.

Please have a look at following discussion to know more about AD health check.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverDS/thread/dbfba096-5544-4f3d-8859-ae405c18d489/

Also, check in event viewer for any relevaqnt errors aqnd post them.

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate Text Vote As Helpful & click on Alternate Text Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

So you are able to login locally to the server? Check the network settings on the server and see what DNS server is specified. Seems strange that it's not possible to login when it's hosting the DNS role. Are you running a static IP? Is the DNS pointing to the loopback adress (127.0.0.1) or the IP (e.g 192.168.1.1)?

Also see if you can ping any other resources on your network.

Blog: www.danielclasson.com/blog | LinkedIn: Daniel Classon | Twitter: @danielclasson

Saturday, February 02, 2013 9:43 PM
  • Hi,

So you are able to login locally to the server? Check the network settings on the server and see what DNS server is specified. Seems strange that it's not possible to login when it's hosting the DNS role. Are you running a static IP? Is the DNS pointing to the loopback adress (127.0.0.1) or the IP (e.g 192.168.1.1)?

Also see if you can ping any other resources on your network.

Blog: www.danielclasson.com/blog | LinkedIn: Daniel Classon | Twitter: @danielclasson

Hi. Danil,

Thanks for reply!

Details are as below IP: 192.168.1.200

Subnet mask- 255.255.255.0

gateway- 192.168.1.1

Prefered DNS IP  ; 192.168.1.200 ok so what can be reason what sould i do.

Pradip Sisodiya

Monday, February 04, 2013 8:31 AM
  • Hi Pradip,

Are you able to ping the Domain Controller for the site?

Monday, February 04, 2013 8:39 AM
  • is it this is member server ? 

1) Check if the dns is pointed correctly in the tcp ip settings.

2) Disable all the firewall and Av

3) Please post unedited Dcdiag /v /c /d /e /s:dcname >c:\dcdiag.txt

Thanks 

http://www.arabitpro.com

Monday, February 04, 2013 8:59 AM
  • Hi Pradip, what was the reason of restarting your server?

was there any changes made before restarting?

is this a domain controller or a member server?

if a member server, is the IP settings same as the DC?

Every second counts..make use of it.

Monday, February 04, 2013 9:14 AM
  • Hi Pradip, what was the reason of restarting your server?

was there any changes made before restarting?

is this a domain controller or a member server?

if a member server, is the IP settings same as the DC?

Dear cguan,

Thanks for quieck reply.

No  Specific reason for restarting server, server stucked so i restarted the same.

This is Domain Controller

and below are as the details

gateway- 192.168.1.1

gateway- 192.168.1.1

Pradip Sisodiya

Monday, February 04, 2013 4:19 PM
  • That is your domain controller, actually i'm also wondering why you are able to logon using local administrator account.

Because once you promote a server as a DC you can no longer access the local users and groups.

check out this link below:

restart the server in DSRM mode and check if it will help

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc816897(v=ws.10).aspx 

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:16 AM
  • That is your domain controller, actually i'm also wondering why you are able to logon using local administrator account.

Because once you promote a server as a DC you can no longer access the local users and groups.

If you boot a DC into directory services restore mode, or use the recovery console, you can access the SAM database which holds the local users/groups on a DC. But if you boot a DC in normale mode, you can't access the SAM database.

Pradip, are you sure this is a domain controller and not a member server? A member server, unlike a DC, does have a SAM database which you can access when the server is booted in normal mode. Or are you booting into DS restore mode or recovery console?

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:46 AM
  • Pradeep,

First of all, check your AD health, it seems your AD has some issues.

As Syed already suggested, please post the result of dcdiag, which will help us to understand what exactly is going on.

Please have a look at following discussion to know more about AD health check.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverDS/thread/dbfba096-5544-4f3d-8859-ae405c18d489/

Also, check in event viewer for any relevaqnt errors aqnd post them.

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate Text Vote As Helpful & click on Alternate Text Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:25 AM