none
ie icons stick together

Question

• For the last couple of weeks, when I have more than ONE IE open, they stick together. If I have 3, and try to move 1, I can not do it, as all 3 move as one.

I have no virus's and have run full scans in 'safe mode' and from the desktop, and with no results found.

I also ran Spybot and CCleaner and all is good.

I am still not able to get the icons detached from each other, but it is only IE icons, none other.

I have also made certain that in the taskbar they are 'not stacked'

Is there any help available for me ? :( NONE are pinned to task bar. I tried pinning, and unpinning to no avail.

Thanks

ps...my email is samnbrone2004@yahoo.com

Friday, September 30, 2011 5:51 PM

Answers

• Hello,

You might want to take a look at the "taskbar" properties for this. You can set the option for taskbar items to group. Try to disable this option. Second option might be that within internet explorer you have set the option to open new sites in the same windows as a tab. Have a look at internet options "TABS"

kind regards, Robert Maijen
    Saturday, October 01, 2011 7:24 AM
  •  

try open IE

tools - internet options - advanced - reset internet explorer settings

all the best

Saturday, October 01, 2011 9:05 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You might want to take a look at the "taskbar" properties for this. You can set the option for taskbar items to group. Try to disable this option. Second option might be that within internet explorer you have set the option to open new sites in the same windows as a tab. Have a look at internet options "TABS"

kind regards, Robert Maijen
    Saturday, October 01, 2011 7:24 AM
  •  

try open IE

tools - internet options - advanced - reset internet explorer settings

all the best

Saturday, October 01, 2011 9:05 PM