none
Windows 2008 R2 Fax and Scan Forward as E-mail button disabled (greyed out)

Question

• Hi,

We have a newly installed Windows 2008 R2 server. When in the "Windows Fax and Scan" console, the option to "Forward as E-mail" is greyed out. The server has Outlook 2010 (32-bit) installed and has an e-mail account (Exchange 2007) configured.

Has anyone seen this before or know how to resolve it?

Regards,

Diggety

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 7:15 AM

All replies

• I have the same situation: on the Windows Server 2008R2 "Forward as E-mail" is disabled whereas on windows 7 that's ok.
    Friday, November 11, 2011 8:42 AM
  • Hi,

There issue may occur if the secretary doesn’t have enough permission to forward Fax.

Please try to add the secretary to the Fax user group on Fax server.

At the same time, please also check if any other user can forward Fax. If there is any error in Event Viewer about Fax, please let us know the detailed error message.

Thanks.

如果您对我们的论坛在线支持服务有任何的意见或建议,请通过邮件告诉我们。
    Description: Description: TechNet 论坛好帮手立刻免费下载  TechNet 论坛好帮手

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:05 AM
  • Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I'm actually trying this as the Domain Administrator, who is part of the Local Fax Users group on this server.

We have a few other terminal servers on the same domain running Windows 2008 (R1) and Windows 2003 w/ Office 2003 and they all function properly.

Regards,

Diggety

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:54 AM
  • I am having the same exact issue on Server 2008 Standard SP2 64 bit version.

I have tried several mail clients including Outlook 2007 and the Forward as Email button remains disabled.

It appears as if Fax and Scan does not recognize any installed email client.  Perhaps there is a registry setting we can set to enable this feature?

• Edited by Dan Garza Friday, November 18, 2011 5:14 PM
    Friday, November 18, 2011 5:13 PM
  • Simple google for a 3rd party software:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Fax+software
    • Edited by Nicole Monday, November 21, 2011 2:48 PM
    Monday, November 21, 2011 2:47 PM
  • Hi,

This is still an ongoing issue for us. Is anyone able to help? Should I consider it an unresolved bug?

Regards,

David

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 6:55 AM