none
Side-By-Side configuration is incorrect

Question

• Hello,

I have built my application with x64 compatibility in VS2005 installed on x86 machine ( OS Windows 7 x86).

And I want to run this x64 compatible application on a separate x64 Windows Server 2008 R2 machine.

When I try to run the application I am getting error "Side-By-Side configuration is incorrect". In the eventlog i can see the following entry.

[Event Log]:-

Activation context generation failed for "C:\tests\new\Admin.exe.Manifest". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Here is the out put of sxstrace.exe

=================
    Begin Activation Context Generation.
    Input Parameter:
     Flags = 0
     ProcessorArchitecture = AMD64
     CultureFallBacks = en-US;en
     ManifestPath = C:\tests\new\Admin.exe.Manifest
     AssemblyDirectory = C:\tests\new\
     Application Config File =
    -----------------
    INFO: Parsing Manifest File C:\tests\new\Admin.exe.Manifest.
     INFO: Manifest Definition Identity is (null).
     INFO: Reference: Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762"
    INFO: Resolving reference Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762".
     INFO: Resolving reference for ProcessorArchitecture amd64.
      INFO: Resolving reference for culture Neutral.
       INFO: Applying Binding Policy.
        INFO: No publisher policy found.
        INFO: No binding policy redirect found.
       INFO: Begin assembly probing.
        INFO: Did not find the assembly in WinSxS.
        INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_64\Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT\8.0.50727.762__1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT.DLL.
        INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\tests\new\Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT.DLL.
        INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\tests\new\Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT.MANIFEST.
        INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\tests\new\Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT\Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT.DLL.
        INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\tests\new\Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT\Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT.MANIFEST.
        INFO: Did not find manifest for culture Neutral.
       INFO: End assembly probing.
     ERROR: Cannot resolve reference Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762".
    ERROR: Activation Context generation failed.
    End Activation Context Generation.

From some of blogs i learnt that we need to have SP1. I did install SP1 on x64 machine (where i am running my application). And also installed Visual C++ 2005 x64 (on the system where i am building my application) this also could not helped to resolve the issue.

Please help me out to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to the problem description, this issue is related to software development. For software development issue, the best resource is MSDN forum.

Based on the current situation, you’d better submit a new question to MSDN forum for further assistance. In this way, your issue can be resolved effectively.

MSDN Forums

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/categories/

For more troubleshooting information, please refer to the following Microsoft MSDN blog:

Diagnosing SideBySide failures

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/junfeng/archive/2006/04/14/576314.aspx

Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:51 AM