none
2008 R2 File server “Metafile” using all memory

Question

• I seem to hvae the same issues others do and have requested the DynCache tool for 2008 R2 but have not received a response.  How do I obtain this software?
    Monday, December 31, 2012 10:37 PM

All replies

• I seem to hvae the same issues others do and have requested the DynCache tool for 2008 R2 but have not received a response.  How do I obtain this software?
    You can get it from here

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate Text Vote As Helpful & click on Alternate Text Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Monday, December 31, 2012 11:31 PM
  • This does not support 2008 R2. It seems the R2 version is not supplied publicly and has only been sent via email from a Microsoft employee.
    Monday, December 31, 2012 11:45 PM
  • Hmm, yes the readme.doc seems to suggest it is not for R2

edit: The non-R2 EXE has a time stamp of 6/7/2009 and the one ZHANG uploaded to skydrive has timestamp of 4/8/2010

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 12:07 AM
  • Any MS folks out there who can provide this?  I've seen numerous other forums where it has been offered up privately.  Have a few servers that are very much in need of this service.

Thanks.

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 9:44 PM
  • Hi,

You may have a try to open a case and see if online support could send you a copy.

According to my research it seems that DynCache is not available now on Windows server 2008 R2:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/yongrhee/archive/2010/02/16/windows-7-and-windows-server-2008-r2-do-you-still-need-the-microsoft-windows-dynamic-cache-service.aspx

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 7:56 AM
  • Except that I've seen the same tool offered on recent forums so I'm hoping to obtain it.  This seems to be an extremely common problem.  It was offered up as recently as August of 2012:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservergen/thread/70b9968f-7efc-4c0b-8eea-5b3a554ce6d8

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 12:18 PM
  • Hi,

I confirmed with both of the 2 guys (Cheers and Arthur) and the file they provided are the same one. According to feedbacks it could still be using on a Windows 2008 R2 system and if it causes performance issue (as the document mentioned), you could remove it from your system. Method is provided in Readme also.

So find it from the link provided by Santosh for a test.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 03, 2013 8:15 AM
  • I really don't want to burn a support incident on this as it seems to a very common problem and the download has been provided at no charge to other forum members.  

The link you keep sending to me does *not* contain the 2008 R2 version of the software.

Thursday, January 03, 2013 1:17 PM
  • The Readme file said it is not for Windows 2008 R2 or later versions --- but according to feedbacks it will still work in Windows 2008 R2. So you could have a test on the "2008 version", or confirm with Microsoft online support to see if there is a "2008 R2 version".

Monday, January 07, 2013 1:54 AM