none
MSVCR100.dll

Question

• Our users are using Remote Desktop Web Access.

When opening Acrobat Reader or trying to open a PDF attachment in an email, I have one user that receives an AcroRd32.exe system error that states “The program can’t start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.” Acrobat Reader functions properly for all other users in a Web Access session on the TS server. The problem exists regardless of the workstation the user logs in from. I have toyed with the idea of deleting the Adobe folder from the user’s profile under Local, LocalLow and Roaming directories but am unsure of the ramifications of that action. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Steve

Monday, January 07, 2013 3:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If this issue only occurred in the same user,my suggestion is to rebuild the user profile.You can rename the user profile folder to backup the old user profile.

Regards,

Clarence

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 5:15 AM
  • Issue does occur with only one user. I removed the user profile from the server and also deleted the user's .bak profile key from the registry. Issue still exists with the new profile. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Steve

Thursday, January 10, 2013 1:51 PM
  • I'm seeing something similar, but with regular RDP client access to a Windows 8 pro desktop (as rdp server) and only after a user profile was transferred to the windows 8 desktop using easy transfer.  however, after acknowledging the error, the rdp connection goes thru.
    Friday, March 15, 2013 2:31 PM