none
mapisvc.inf

Question

• mapisvc.inf file cannot be accessed by installation programs.  Authority to modify limited to "trustedinstaller" and cannot be changed.

How do I modify the permissions?  System will not allow administrator or user to change permissions

Friday, May 24, 2013 4:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• mapisvc.inf file cannot be accessed by installation programs.  Authority to modify limited to "trustedinstaller" and cannot be changed.

How do I modify the permissions?  System will not allow administrator or user to change permissions

Take Ownership of a File and grant your user ID Full Control permission.

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here, are my own.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Blog | Wiki

Friday, May 24, 2013 5:25 PM
  • As Satosh said, test if you could take ownership first for changing permission.

Meanwhile it seems the mapisvc.inf file is an Office related file. Thus before taking onwership, you can contact Office support team to see if there is any known issue regarding "mapisvc.inf cannot be accessed" error.

File Format of MapiSvc.inf

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/cc815790(v=office.12).aspx

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 27, 2013 9:26 AM