how to disable start-up items in windows server 2012

Answers

All replies

• Hi

There is a Server 2012 General Forum that you should post your question in

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/winserver8gen/threads

Thanks

Kriss Milne | MCSE

*Please click 'Vote As Helpful' or 'Mark as Answer' if a post has helped you or answered your question*

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:50 PM
  • Hi ,

Thank you for posting your issue in the forum.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards

Andy

Friday, September 28, 2012 3:01 AM
  • Hi ,

The Startup tab is not present on Windows Server 2012. It is only on Windows 8.  

Thanks. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, September 28, 2012 12:29 PM
  • my lifecam VX 6000 starts up at logon. I couldn't find anywhere to prevent it from starting. Then I found http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx. Run autoruns.exe as Administrator > navigate to Logon tab > disable the lifecam program.
    • Edited by Hil Liao Friday, October 05, 2012 5:34 AM solution found
    • Proposed as answer by Knuckle-Dragger Friday, October 05, 2012 5:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by eng.ahmed.ft Tuesday, October 09, 2012 5:45 AM
    Friday, October 05, 2012 5:27 AM
  • very poor to need a not MS program or registry editing to do this ... 
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 2:03 PM
  • True, autoruns is not a 'Microsoft' program, but it was written by the chief software architect at Microsoft.  And whenever you install client applications that are not tested/supported on Server, they can do some strange things.

.:|:.:|:. tim

Thursday, February 20, 2014 1:03 AM