none
Port forwarding not working on Hyper-V Virtual Machine

Question

•  

I have my main server with a Windows Server 2008 64 bit deployment. There is one hyper-v virtual machnine installed (w/Windows Server 2008 32 bit). I have the main server set up with port forwarding in preparation of an Exchange Server deployment. The port forwarding works fine. I can get the box with the FQDN or typing in the I.P. address. My virtual machine is set up for port forwarding, as well. But the forwarding will not work. All the settings in my router are identical to the main server's settings. My network adapter setting for the VM is set to external. I can see the VM on the network. I can ping it with it's local i.p. address and for all internal networking functions, it performs just like a physical machine. The port forwarding will just not work.

Is there some setting on the VM or NIC that will allow this machine to properly use port forwarding?

Thanks.

Saturday, May 10, 2008 2:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

It seems that this is a Virtualization-related issue. I would like to suggest that you post this issue in our Server Virtualization forum so that other members who read the forum regularly can share some information with you.

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=583&SiteID=17

Thank you for your understanding and, hope it will be resolved soon.

Best regards,

Chang Yin
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008 11:27 AM
  • Yes. I posted it in both places. I need an answer pretty quick. i am planning on marketing appliances with 2008 and I need to work out the kinks.

Thanks,

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 4:38 PM