none
RD Web Access - Incorrect Username or Password

Question

• I have setup RD Web Access on Windows Server 2012 to use with VDI.  From a domain joined client I can login with the username (in domain\username format) and password without a problem.  We have a number of Microsoft Surfaces from which I am unable to login, it returns an incorrect username/password error.  Strangly from, my iPad I am able to login.

Does anybody know why the surfaces would be experiencing this problem?

Friday, May 03, 2013 1:07 PM

All replies

• as a sanity check, can you type in the password in Notepad or something and then paste it into the IE rdweb password login field?
    Friday, May 03, 2013 7:47 PM
  • Typed it many times, different keyboards (plugged a USB keyboard into the surface to be sure) and even used the password revel button in Windows 8 to satisfy myself I wasn't going mad!

I'm 100% sure it's 100% right!

Friday, May 03, 2013 7:52 PM
  • ok, i guess the next question is do you see an audit failure event on the RDS server from that user after a failed logon? i have a feeling you won't as the connection is probably not even making it down to the server.  is this RT or Pro? not sure if there are many IE settings for you to fiddle around with...

Friday, May 03, 2013 8:19 PM
  • or it could be IIS access logs in this case that you have to look at
    Friday, May 03, 2013 8:23 PM
  • No audit failure events on the RDS server.  It's running RT.  I will have look at the IIS access logs and see if there is anything in there.
    Friday, May 03, 2013 8:28 PM