none
"Cant' connect to printer" error 0x0000000a using a Server 2008 x64 print server, Win 7 pro clients

General discussion

• We are having a similar problem to others I have seen on this forum; we have a Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 print server with Windows 7 Pro x32 clients on our office network.  I have added a printer to the print server (happens to be an OKI C5500 color laser), connecting to the printer by TCP/IP port.  When I attempt to add the printer to one of the Windows 7 clients I get "Windows can't connect to the printer" with error code 0x0000000a.  As others have indicated, directly connecting to the printer from the client by local TCP/IP port, bypassing the print server, has had success.  I have installed the OKI printer on the print server using the OKI 64 bit drivers, and also added the 32 bit drivers as an additional driver.  Is this something unique to this OKI printer, or a general print server issue.  From the client Win 7 client I can "see" the printer as a shared resource, but just have these issues adding the printer to the clients.
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 5:39 PM

All replies

• It's got to be something with OKI or your server configuration.  Add a fake printer using one of the drivers included in 2008 R2.  If the client can connect to the share, your sever is properly configured.

this is the error.  I've seen this when a 64bit driver was coping 32bit files to 64bit machines. 

winerror 0xa
    10 ERROR_BAD_ENVIRONMENT

Alan Morris Windows Printing Team
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 8:42 AM