none
Only delete the favorites created by the administrator

Question

• I have recently modified one of my group policy for IE - added one favorites link and deleted 3 existing existing. Now I can see, few users having only one favorites link and few others have four links (one new and 3 old).

I am aware that we can use the group policy setting to delete the old links -"Only delete the favorites created by the administrator " but my doubt is - Will this be processing always the user logs in? or it will process only one time?  Will this slow down log on process (or related)?

Is there any alternate way for achieving this?

Appreciated assistance,

Regards,

Satheesh

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:19 AM

Answers

• We had a similar situation and used the same solution.

It does not slow down the logon process.

It processes every time the policy is applied - at logon and at regular intervals. If you only need to do it once to delete the old favorites, you can remove this setting once it has cleaned up all users' ie favorites. Or you can keep it - it does not affect the links manually created by the user.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 6:47 PM

All replies

• We had a similar situation and used the same solution.

It does not slow down the logon process.

It processes every time the policy is applied - at logon and at regular intervals. If you only need to do it once to delete the old favorites, you can remove this setting once it has cleaned up all users' ie favorites. Or you can keep it - it does not affect the links manually created by the user.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 6:47 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to know how is everything going on. If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free let us know.

Best Regards,

Yan Li

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Yan Li

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 19, 2012 2:30 AM